GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION:
Last adaptation: May 2018.
Clause 1 - PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION.
When ordering with us, you are entitled to protection of your personal data.
We at DKN-Technology act in accordance with the European legislation on personal data of May 24, 2016 (implemented in full May 25, 2018), the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) on dealing with all information about a person.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standardizes data protection law across all EU countries and imposes strict new rules on controlling and processing personally identifiable information (PII). It also extends the protection of personal data and data protection rights by giving control back to EU residents.
That's why we do everything we can to protect your private data.
We do not share your information with third parties for commercial purposes and we store your personal data in a secure database.
Clause 2 - THESE ARE THE DATA WE COLLECT.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us:
- First and last name. We only keep your order details to help you faster if necessary.
- Address and residence.
- Phone number. We will only call you if something is unclear, or eventually in case a delivery or service appointment needs to be made.
- Email. You will receive an e-mail about your order, delivery and invoice.
- IP address. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Clause 3 - HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED?
The personal information we collect allows us to:
- Provide the products and services you have ordered.
- Verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card amount.
- Administer our website and provide customer services.
- Meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Monitor and analyse the use of any account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime.
- Gather management information to form statistical and trend analysis.
- Communicate with you.
- Investigate any complaints about this website.
- Personalise your experience of this website.
- Contact you about our products and services which we think might be of interest to you. Offers and newsletters will only be sent to you with your explicit permission. If you prefer not to receive any newsletters, you can easily unsubscribe in 'my account'.
- We may share your personal information with all of our affiliate companies and their brands for the above purposes.
- We may employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, maintenance and logistics. In some cases the third party may receive your information. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
Clause 4 - LEGAL GROUNDS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
DKN-Technology only collects personal data that are necessary to meet your request. Where additional information is requested, you will be informed of this at the time of collection.
The applicable legislation allows us to process personal data as long as we have a legal processing ground for this. It also requires that we tell you what those grounds are. As a result, when we process your personal data, we will rely on the following legal grounds:
- Execution of an agreement: this is when the processing of your personal data is necessary to fulfill our obligations under an agreement or the intention to enter into an agreement;
- Legal obligation: this is when we are obliged to process your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation, such as maintaining data for input tax purposes or providing information to a government or legislative body;
- Justifiable interests: we may process your personal data if this is in our legitimate interest to run a legitimate activity or to promote this activity, as long as this does not outweigh your interests; or
- Your permission: We may occasionally ask you for specific permission to process certain personal data, and will only process your personal data in this respect if you agree to this. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Clause 5 - COOKIES AND RELATED TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Do note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site. To find out more about cookies please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org or see www.youronlinechoices.eu which contains further information about behavioural advertising and online privacy.
Clause 6 - LINKS.
Our site contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your personal information.
Clause 7 - WEBBEACONS.
A web beacon is a small image file on a web page that can be used to collect certain information from your computer, such as an IP address, the time the content was viewed, a browser type and the existence of cookies previously set by the same server . DKN-Technology only uses web beacons in accordance with the applicable legislation.
DKN-Technology or its service providers may use web beacons to monitor the effectiveness of third-party websites that provide us with recruitment or marketing services or to collect aggregate visitor statistics and to manage cookies.
You have the option to disable some web beacons by rejecting cookies. The web beacon can still register an anonymous visit from your IP address, but the cookie information will not be registered.
In some of our newsletters and other communications we can follow the actions of recipients, such as the frequency of opening e-mails via links included in these messages. We collect this information to measure user interest and improve future user experiences.
Clause 8 - LOCATION-BASED TOOLS.
We can register and use the geographical location of your computer or mobile device. This location data is collected for the purpose of providing you with information. The location data is collected with the purpose of providing you with information about services that we believe may be of interest to you in terms of your geographic location and to improve our site-based products and services.
Clause 9 - SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS AND APPLICATIONS.
Clause 10 - SECURITY.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is an encrypted connection that secures communication over the internet. You can check whether you are in a secured zone based on various factors. All browsers with SSL compatibility show a symbol when working in protected mode. Moreover, in a secure zone the beginning of the URL changes from "http" to "https", which means that the SSL protocol is used for communication with the server.
- Your bank account number will only be used in the event of a possible refund.
- Credit card payments are only made in accordance with the SSL protocol.
- We do not have access to your credit card details and only receive a payment confirmation.
- Your personal data are stored in ‘your account’. You, and you only have access to your log-in.
We do not have any access to the contents of your account. Only you can delete all personal data.
Your personal data are stored in a secure database. We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure.
Clause 11 - CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- You can always call or email us (see seller's identity).
- Legal documents (such as delivery notes, invoices, etc ...) are kept in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- We only keep the details of your orders to help you faster if necessary.
- Your personal details are stored in your 'account'. You, and you alone, have a 'login' to this data. We do not have access to the contents of your account.
- You have the right to inspect and rectify your data. Before we provide your personal data, we can ask you for an identity card and reference to possible interactions with us. If the data we hold about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data.
- Objection to processing: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us if we no longer have the right to use it, to require that we delete your data if we keep it for too long, or to require that, certain circumstances, the processing is subject to restrictions.
- Right to limit the processing: you have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data (for example, while checking the accuracy of your personal data).
- Right of removal: you have the right to delete all data relating to you (except in some cases, for example to prove a transaction or when required by law).